Overview and course outline
Sewing Machine Operation involves the assembling of garment parts, stitching the components of a garment together using a sewing machine, and also carrying out different types of stitching using a sewing machine. The role of a sewing machine operator is critical to the garment manufacturing process as it determines and improves the quality of the product.
• Introduction to the apparel industry.
• Stitching using the sewing machine.
• Achieving product quality in stitching operations.
• Maintenance of the work area, tools and machines.
• Maintenance of health, safety and security in the work place.
• Compliance with industry, regulatory and organizational requirements.