Overview and course outline
Plumber (General) Assistant is an important job role in assistance in, preliminary installation and minor repair work of basic plumbing systems in ‘contractors’ segment. A Plumber (General) Assistant is responsible for assistance in, preliminary installation and minor repair work of basic plumbing systems in domestic, commercial and institutional setups.
1. Assist in execution of preliminary installation and undertake minor repairs to work including pre-installation activities like material preparation and tool handling.
2. Assist in minor repair and maintenance activities.
3. Communicate and discuss work flow, problems faced, possible solutions and pass on the learning within and outside the team
4.Interact with seniors to:
• Receive work instructions, discuss task status and receive feedback.
• Interact with colleagues within and outside the team.
5. Maintain healthy, safe and secure working environment at work site.
6. Undertake work independently, be a good team player, be a competent listener for taking instructions.