Overview and course outline
It involves marking out the material for the features to be produced, and then use hand tools, portable power tools, manually operated machine tools and shaping, fitting and assembly techniques appropriate to the operations being performed. The candidate will be expected to check the quality of the workpiece, using measuring equipment.
• Carry out preparations for general machining, fitting or assembling Operations
• Carry out marking of the components
• Perform general fitting operations
• Perform assembly operations
• Measure and check components
• Work safely following health and safety standards