Overview and course outline
The role of a Care Giver also known as “nursing aide”, “nursing assistant”, “orderlies”, “ward assistant” involves assisting the nurses and doctors to deliver quality healthcare to the patient through supporting nursing care, ensuring patient safety, health needs, comfort and hygiene. GDAs also help in homecare for both adults and children ensuring comfort, safety, health needs and personal hygiene.
• Discuss & verbalize the role of a basic healthcare provider
• Demonstrate techniques to maintain the personal hygiene needs of a patient
• Practice infection control measures
• Demonstrate the ability to perform clinical skills essential in providing basic healthcare services
• Promote safety, understand usage of protective devices and demonstrate precautions to be taken while usage of Oxygen
• Demonstrate professional behavior, personal qualities and characteristics of a Care Giver
• Demonstrate right methods of bio medical waste management
• Demonstrate Basic Life Support, Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation and other actions in the event of medical and facility emergencies
• Demonstrate good communication, communicate accurately and appropriately in the role of Care Giver and demonstrate professional appearance and demeanor.